Spring rolls are such an amazing snack for guests or just for tea time. Since they are such finger friendly food, they are great for sharing. By only using one spring roll sheet at a time, you can get your spring rolls to be super crispy, which is exactly what we are looking for in this crispy potato spring roll recipe. By getting the outside really crispy, you'll have a crispy outer shell and soft and flavourful filling to contrast. This recipe adds the spice of Indian flavours and combines it with the classic Chinese cuisine starter.
3 tablespoons oil
2 medium onions diced
Handful of curry leaves
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
250g cubed finely potatoes
1 Tablespoon Aria Kitchen All Purpose Masala
12 Spring roll sheets
Salt to taste
Lemon juice from a wedge of lemon
Oil for frying
INSTRUCTIONS 1) Heat up some oil on medium heat in a pan and cook your diced onions until translucent.
2) Throw in your fresh curry leaves and ginger garlic paste.
3) When the paste has cooked slightly, season with some turmeric powder.
4) Add in your potatoes and cook until soft.
5) Lower the heat and season the potatoes with the Aria Kitchen All Purpose Masala
6) The potatoes should start breaking down into a paste like texture. Finish off with salt to taste and a squeeze of lemon juice.
7) Take the potatoes off the heat and set aside to cool down.
8) Grab your spring roll sheets, and using one sheet at a time, assemble and roll up your spring rolls with the potato filling.
9) Dip your fingers in water and wet the edge of the sheet. Press the wet part of the sheet against the rolled up spring roll to seal.
10) When you have assembled all the spring rolls, heat up some oil for deep frying.
11) Deep fry your spring rolls until golden brown and crispy.
12) Enjoy hot with any dipping sauce of your choice.