This vegan and vegetarian friendly recipe is finger licking good, we promise. This recipe combines the delicious flavours of the Aria Kitchen All Purpose Masala with the textures of the ladies finger vegetable to create a dish that is filling and bursting with flavour. This dish does not require any preparation and can be made in one pot. The thickness of the dish allows you to enjoy it alongside both rice or any rotis. Don't forget to check out our video below!
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
10 small dried curry leaves
4 cloves of garlic sliced
3 small onions sliced
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
2 medium tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 medium tomatoes diced
200g ladies finger/okra halved
3/4 teaspoon chilli powder
2 heaped teaspoons Aria Kitchen All Purpose Masala
1 teaspoon coriander cumin powder
Water according to your desired thickness
Salt to taste
1) Heat up some oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
2) After the spices stop spluttering, add the garlic.
3) Once the garlic is brown, add the onions and let it soften.
4) Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté.
5) Add the tomatoes and allow the tomatoes to become mushy. You may lightly salt the tomatoes at this stage.
6) Once the tomatoes have softened up, add the okra.
7) When the okra cooks halfway, season with salt, chilli powder, Aria Kitchen All Purpose Masala and coriander cumin powder.
8) Mix the masala into the okra well.
9) When the oil separates and the aroma is released, slowly add water depending on your desired thickness.
10) Serve hot with your favourite rice and rotis.